Joomla is one of the best and most popular ways to build a website. It is user-friendly, powerful and is continuously improved by thousands of people around the world.
Joomla powers millions of sites and is being widely adopted by governments, universities and Fortune 500 companies.
Our Joomla Class is aimed at getting Joomla novices up to speed as quickly as possible. You will learn the important basics of Joomla and by the end of the day will be able to successfully build a small Joomla site. This class is an excellent introduction for Joomla beginners to advanced users who want to pick up easier ways of getting things done or extend the functionalities of Joomla.
Basic Word processing skills.
An adventurous and creative mind is always an asset but not essential.
• Lesson 1-Introduction and Getting started with Joomla
• Lesson 2-Extensions - Modules, Components and Pluggins
• Lesson 3-Running Joomla on your computer using WAMP
Tea Break 20 minutes
• Lesson 4-Working with Templates - Installation and Configuration
• Lesson 5-Content: Sections - Categories - Content Items / Articles
• Lesson 6-Menus - Working with Menus
• Lesson 7-Images - Adding and arranging images within articles
Lunch Break 1 hour
Hands On Session
• Lesson 8 - Plan Website Content Structure
• Lesson 9 - Create Sections and Categories
• Lesson 10 - Create Articles and assign to different Categories/Sections
• Lesson 12 - Add images, Banners, Slides
• Lesson 13 - Organize your content in Slides/Tabs/Slideshows
• Lesson 14 - Create a contact form
Tea Break 20 minutes
• Lesson 15 - User Group Settings
• Lesson 16 - 10 Must Have extensions
• Lesson 17 - Using File Transfer Protocols (FTP) software
• Lesson 18 - Back up and restore
• Questions & Answers Session.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for anyone who wants to be able to setup their own website. If you are just starting your business and want a simple content management system or if you are thinking of building commercial websites as a business. This course is also ideal for anyone who has recently paid for a website which was built using Joomla 2.5 or 3.0.